Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thrift Store Finds!

You'll come to find that I love, love, love browsing my local thrift store! I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt every time I venture in. A lot of the time, it is a source of inspiration for me. I seem to always find some sort of trinket, gadget, or other thing to get my head spinning with crafty ideas! It is a great source for recycling/upcycling! Do not be surprised if I just can't contain my thrifty find excitement and need to share it here with you!
 (Above) This book is so amazing! I'm sure many of you have heard of it before. I however, only vaguely remember hearing of it. It has cooking instructions for pretty much any meal you can think of! Most are traditional, nutritious, whole, and simple meals. Needless to say, I'm happy to be adding this to my cookbook collection!
 These little salt and pepper shakers are adorable! Like little canning jars. They seem to be missing their gaskets and they have a little rust, but other then that they are perfect!
I'm a HUGE fan of Sesame Street and love to collect vintage sesame street books. Our little local thrift store has a section specifically for vintage books of all kinds and I was thrilled when I ran across this one! I noticed that it said "scratch n' sniff", but didn't pay any mind to it. When I got home, I decided to see what that was all about. Several pages had sections to "scratch n' sniff" and wouldn't you know! Most of them still had a strong scent! I couldn't believe it. This book was printed in 1978! How neat is that!

~Kellie~

No comments: